Tuesday 16 June 2009

Cupcake Card

I made this card for the Sketch Saturday challenge. I also tried out a ribbon border as suggested on The Next Level but was too late to enter it into the competition, doh (!) I really like the idea and it is something that I will definately try again, it really attracts your attention to the main image. I think it might look better with thicker ribbon though. Looking at the card now, I also think I should have inked or distressed the edges of centre panel, I'll know for next time :-)




The card is made from DCVW paper (Blossoms and Butterflies stack), Hero Arts cupcake and sentiment stamp and lace from my stash. The cupcake is coloured with Cosmic Shimmer watercolours.

Sarah x

2 comments:

Liana said...

My favourite! I love the little quote too, I might get that embossed on my kitchen walls...

Sandra said...

Fun card, love the retro colours and patterns you have used. Thank you so much for joining in with the fun on Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs
Sandra x